Inclement Weather Policy
In all inclement weather situations, please use discretion, erring on the side of safety and health. When Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) is on delay or closed (communicated via HCPSS apps, media, and on status.hcpss.org), there may be knowledge they have about the road conditions and safety of traveling of which you are not aware from your home. Staying home and limiting the use of the roads, improves our counties’ abilities to keep the roads clean and safe, as well as improving the parish’s ability to clean the parking lot, entrances, and walkways.
If HCPSS is closed,
- Daily mass (Monday to Saturday) is canceled;
*Sunday Masses (including Saturday Vigil) and Holy Days are not canceled based on HCPSS
- All Parish Activities including Confessions are canceled;
- Adoration will be suspended, with the times communicated via website and direct communication through myOLPH.
If HCPSS is delayed,
- Daily mass (Monday to Saturday) is delayed to 9:30 am;
*Parishioners are not to be on campus before 9 am
- All Parish Activities are canceled before 9:30 am;
- Adoration will remain open.
*Adorers are urged to use caution and to decide based on safety and health.
If HCPSS cancels Afternoon/Evening or Weekend Activities,
- Daily mass (Saturday 8:15 am Mass for Weekend Activities canceled) is canceled;
- All Parish Activities including Confessions are canceled for the respective evening or weekend;
- Adoration will be suspended, with times communicated via website and direct communication through myOLPH.
If the pending weather is less severe than anticipated when HCPSS decision to cancel was made and verification of the readiness and safety of the campus are confirmed, exceptions may be approved by the Pastor (Fr. Mike) or Parish Administrator (Lisa Sliker). If an exception is granted, communication will be the responsibility of the particular group leadership.
Inclement Weather Updates will be made available to:
- The Parish Website
- myOLPH text/email, as applicable
- Communicate to Adorers, via myOLPH text/email
- The official OLPH Facebook Page
- Employees are able to take leave for inclement weather (Vacation Time if applicable)
If HCPSS is closed with Offices “Open with Liberal Leave in Effect” (Code Orange), the parish
offices will open at 12 Noon;
- If HCPSS is closed (Code Red), the parish offices will remain closed.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School follows HCPSS decisions on weather. Teachers will be allowed
access to the classrooms if HCPSS is closed with Offices “Open with Liberal Leave in Effect” as of
12 Noon; if HCPSS is closed (Code Red), teachers are not allowed on campus.