How Can I Serve?
Questions about helping? Contact the Parish Office at 410-747-4334.
Would you like to learn more about the many OLPH ministries accepting donations? Please connect with the Parish Office at 410-747-4334 to learn more.
- Back to School Supply Drive– Every August, as advertised in the weekly bulletin, OLPH’s the Saint Vincent DePaul Society collects school supplies that are distributed to area children whose families cannot afford their school supplies.
- Families Helping Families at Thanksgiving – Every November, as advertised in the weekly bulletin, OLPH’s Saint Vincent DePaul Society collects boxes of Holiday food items, including Turkeys, so each recipient family-in-need has all of the ingredients and trimming to provide a holiday meal for their loved ones. Volunteer donors are asked to purchase specific items and return them to the church’s Narthex on the designated collection weekend. Cash donations of $25 are also welcome to cover the cost of food items.
- Advent Giving Tree – Every December, as advertised in the weekly bulletin, OLPH’s Saint Vincent DePaul Society place Christmas trees in the Church’s Narthex decorated with tags designating a gift for a person or child in need. Donors choose a gift tag, purchase the selected item and return their wrapped gift to OLPH on the Giving Tree Collection weekend (typically the second weekend in December).
- Camp St. Vincent Summer Camp Supply Drive – Each June, as advertised in the weekly bulletin OLPH’s the Saint Vincent DePaul Society collects supplies for homeless children attending camp St. Vincent, an all-day summer camp designed to exclusively serve the summer learning and social-emotional needs of homeless children ages 5-14 in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
- OLPH Food Pantry -OLPH’s food pantry is available for anyone who is experiencing food insecurity. For those in need, please call the Parish office at 410-747-4334. All inquiries are confidential. Donations should be non-expired, nonperishable, food items and donations may be accepted by placing objects directly in the food pantry located at the back of church building.
- Donate food for SALT – Every Saturday and Sunday mornings, members of the SALT team meet at OLPH and brew fresh hot coffee and prepare a simple hot breakfast. They pack it up and then head downtown where they set up tables outdoors, near Our Daily Bread and on S. Broadway where they serve whoever is hungry. Visit SALT’s page to learn more! Click here to donate food items to SALT.
- Fifth Fridays – During the months that have 5 Fridays, OLPH provides the evening meal distributed to the needy at St. Vincents in Baltimore. Go here to sign up to donate food items to support this effort.
- Toiletries – OLPH SALT Teams who serve each weekend, the homeless and addicted in Baltimore City collect toiletries (travel sized products are appreciated such as shampoo, soap, lotion, etc.) for the friends they serve. Please place donated items inside a bag “labeled” SALT and place the container inside OLPH’s food pantry located in the back of the church building.
- HAITI – Help feed the children and aid in the teachers’ salaries at OLPH’s Sister sister parish in Verrettes, Haiti. Donations may be accepted, three ways:
- Send a check to Our Lady of Perpetual Help and in the memo of the check write Haiti.
- Visit our Giving Page to provide a recurring, electronically transferred donation.
- West Baltimore Pregnancy Choices – There is a new center called West Baltimore Pregnancy Choices to help pregnant women. You can learn more or donate directly on their website.
Hectic schedule? OLPH is always looking for individuals to serve directly from their homes.
- Our Daily Bread Casseroles – OLPH is committed to providing food for Our Daily Bread soup kitchen on the first Monday of each month. Parish members bake casseroles and desserts, drop them off in the Parish kitchen freezer, and deliver them downtown on the Sunday prior to the first Monday of the month. Click for the casserole recipe.
- Prepare and cook food for the food insecure and homeless – More details are here and signups for Fith Friday’s Meals at St. Vincents can be found here and meals distributed in Baltimore City through OLPH’s SALT Ministry can be found here.
OLPH is always looking for individuals to serve at OLPH and beyond. Please connect with the Parish Office at 410-747-4334 to learn more.
- Cook for the less fortunate in the OLPH Kitchen – Details are here and signup is here.
- Distribute Baby Bottles as part of OLPH’s Respect Life Committee Fund Drive to aide area Pregnancy Shelters who assist vulnerable pregnant women.
- Advent Giving Tree Collection and Transportation – Each December, as advertised in the weekly bulletin, OLPH’s Saint Vincent DePaul Society collect, store, and distribute donated gifts for those in need as part of their Giving Tree Program. Volunteers are needed to help collect gifts from parishioners after weekend Masses as well as store items and deliver them to the appropriate recipient groups.
- Families Helping Families at Thanksgiving Collection and Transportation – Every November, as advertised in the weekly bulletin, OLPH’s Saint Vincent DePaul Society collects Holiday food items, including Turkeys, and distributes enough groceries and trimmings for needy recipients to provide a holiday meal to their loved ones. Volunteers are needed to shop for and organize donations and distribute completed boxed donations.
- Fifth Fridays-During the months that have 5 Fridays, OLPH provides the evening meal distributed to the needy at St. Vincents in Baltimore. You can help prepare food in the OLPH kitchen and transport to St. Vincents. Please visit here to sign up and look for more details.
- SALT Kitchen Crew – It sounds hard but it’s so much fun and prep is easy. Join the SALT kitchen crew in OLPH Kitchen at 6:45 am to help prepare the food and supplies going downtown. Please visit here to sign up and look for more details.
- Stephen Ministry – Our Parish’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our parish and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Please see our Stephen Ministry page here to get the details.
- Pray with your children about those less fortunate.
- Make a casserole or dessert for the first Sunday of the month at your home – see Our Daily Bread Casseroles for details.
- Pack bag lunches and snack kits that are distributed to the homeless and addicts in Baltimore City every weekend. Please email SaltAtOlph@gmail.com to get started.
- Help collect diapers and wipes with the Respect Life committee.
- Complete a Spiritual Adoption of a baby together – click here for details.
Kids Love to Sort and Help
Details are advertised in OLPH’s weekly bulletin:
- Early November – sort the Thanksgiving “Families Helping Families” food donation boxes at the Parish.
- Early December – help sort donated gifts as part of the “Giving Tree” program.
- Late November/Early December – Make homemade greeting cards at Christmas and Thanksgiving for donated holiday food items and gifts.
- Every Saturday morning starting at 6:45 am – Join the Salt kitchen crew to bag donuts and other food items for the addicted and homeless of Baltimore City.
- SALT – Please send them an email or visit SALT’s page to learn the ways the SALT ministry serves the addicted and homeless of Baltimore city.
- OLPH St. Vincent de Paul and Respect Life Committee – contact the Parish Office at 410-747-4334 for meeting times and contact info.
- Stephen Minister – Become a Stephen Minister and help those from our Parish in difficult situations. Click here for more information.